There are more things to think about when considering when it is the best time to buy a new or used car than what you might initially think. You have to look at the calendar and take advantage of the factors that lower the price.
If you want to buy a car at the best possible time, here are some things to remember.
When Should You Buy A New Car?
If you buy a new SUV at the right time of the year you can end up saving thousands of dollars. The important things to remember are:
- Convertibles are really desirable during summer. This means you can find bargains during winter.
- When a quarter ends, especially June and December, the dealers want to hit sales targets. This is when they offer the very best deals.
- During February and August, dealers offer great bargains because sales are usually slow. Buyers usually wait for number places that come during March and September. However, if you do take advantage of this, the old plates make the car seem older. This means depreciation is faster.
- SUV demand peaks during autumn and winter. This is due to the poor weather. The very best discounts are available during summer.
- Learn when the face lifts and new models appear on the market. Then, you can buy the previous versions. Do this during the last weeks present in showrooms. The dealers are happy to shift the stock and offer very good deals. However, the model you buy will end up depreciating faster, even if the car has the same age.
- Most showrooms are quiet during weekdays. Due to this, it is a good idea to visit during Fridays. This is also when dealers work harder to make the weekly targets. As a result, you can bargain with them with more success than in other days.
- Do not buy the newly launched model as soon as it is launched. Wait for a number of months since showroom buzz is lower and you will get access to a much better deal.
When Should You Buy A Used Car?
One thing that few people know is that used cars cost is affected by new car seasonal sales trends.
If you want to get a very good bargain, remember this:
- Do not buy a used convertible during summer or spring. You want to wait until winter since this is when the demand is lower.
- The months of March and September are peaks for new car sales. This is often due to part-exchange deals. Dealers have many sued cars to sell then so you can negotiate from a really good position.
- January and December are quite quiet months for used car sales. This is when few people think about cars so the private sellers want to make deals.
- Buy SUVs during summer since demand always peaks during winter and late autumn.