The 2022 Chevrolet Trailblazer is a very interesting SUV with some additions that will surely bring in more car enthusiasts when compared with the 2021 model.
2022 Chevrolet Trailblazer Pros And Cons
- Features several impressive safety features and all the latest technology you need.
- A lot of cargo space for such a small SUV.
- Roomy seating.
- An active model with interesting off-road capabilities (although light).
- The base engine is not powerful.
- The transmission downshifts slowly.
What Is New
- You get satellite radio on all the trims.
- The base L trim is no longer available.
- A trailering package is available.
The model was postponed because of the pandemic and the wait was worth it. This SUV is somewhere between the Equinox and the Trax, standing out as an interesting entry in the crossover subcompact class.
The optional 1.3 L engine is very interesting and the suspension offers confident cornering and a comfortable ride. Also, the interior is stylish and includes the technology we need in modern times. Basically, the 2022 Chevrolet Trailblazer stands out for all the good things.
We can say that this SUV is an improvement when compared with the Trax and is comparable with the Hyundai Kona, Mazda CX-30, and Buick Encore GX.
The LT trim is the one that you should look at because it offers a great balance of useful features for how much you pay. Also, you gain access to more options than the LS trim. Speaking about engine, opt for the 1.3 L option, not the 1.2 L base engine.
We are looking at an extra-small sports utility vehicle that is available in 4 trims. When you go for the base engine, you get 137 hp and 162 lb per ft torque with an engine of 1.2 L that has 3 cylinders. You can also get front-wheel drive and variable automatic transmission. You can opt for all-wheel drive with the already-mentioned 1.3 L 3 cylinders engine that has 174 lb per ft torque and 155 hp, all combined with an automatic transmission with 9 speeds.
The LS Trim
Decent technology is included in this standard model but it is quite basic. Some of the features we can highlight are:
- 6 speakers audio systems.
- 17 inches alloy wheels.
- 7-inch touchscreen.
- WiFi hotspot.
- Forward collision mitigation.
- Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.
- Lane keeping assist.
- Automatic high beams.
The LT Trim
The trim gives you some extras you might appreciate, like:
- LED foglights.
- Roof rails.
- Tinted rear windows.
- Heated mirrors.
- Cruise control.
- Heated front seats.
- Remote ignition.
- Push-button ignition.
- Proximity keyless entry.
The Activ Trim
This is the rugged model with a visual upgrade and more power. When you opt for it, you get access to some extras, like:
- Two-tone roof.
- A more powerful turbocharged 1.3 L engine.
- Tow hitch receiver.
- Better suspension and tires tuning for off-roading.
- Unique styling elements for the exterior.
- Underbody skid plates.
- Heated steering wheel.
- Rear-seat center armrest.
The RS Trim
This trim is quite similar with Activ but there are 2 minor differences:
- You get 18-inch allow wheels.
- The interior has red accents.
Options Packages For The 2022 Chevrolet Trailblazer
Some of the interesting options you might want to look at are:
Sun And Liftgate
- Handsfree liftgate
- Panoramic sunroof
Driver Confidence (available for LT and above)
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear parking sensors
Convenience (available for LT and above)
- Rear seat USB charging
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Automatic climate control
- 8-inch touchscreen
- Household-style power outlet
Technology (available for RS and Activ)
- LED headlights
- 8-inch touchscreen
- Adaptive cruise control
- Bose premium audio system
- High-resolution rearview camera
- Wireless charging